Telemetry monitoring unit
MultiCare Yakima Memorial Hospital's advanced care unit offers 20 beds providing cardiac monitoring by a highly trained staff. Because cardiac care is vital for patients of all ages, our medical team is committed to treating all patients with the dedication and proficiency required for their physical needs.
The ACU delivers the following advantages:
- Integrated services—ensures that care is delivered fast.
- Rapid Response Team—provides earlier intervention to prevent the worsening of a condition.
- Advanced diagnostics—accurately speeds start treatment for best results.
The ACU services include the care and management of patients with multiple diagnoses, among them:
- Elective and emergent cardiac catheterization.
- Pacemakers and ICD implantations.
- Acute myocardial infarction.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Status post-critical care.
- Severe cardiomyopathies and valvular heart disease.
- Life-threatening arrhythmias.
- Pediatric and obstetrical patients with rhythm abnormalities.
- Respiratory compromise.
- Acute dialysis.
The advanced care team includes a medical director, nurse manager and a team of four educators who facilitate the highest level of education in all the newest treatments and technologies. Emergency cardiac care equipment is also readily available on the ACU and all nursing staff members are certified in advanced cardiac life support.
Rapid response team
MultiCare Yakima Memorial Hospital's rapid response team (RRT) consists of a staff nurse, critical care RN, a respiratory therapist, a nursing supervisor and a pharmacist. This team responds immediately when there are signs a patient's condition is declining, providing another way to ensure that the acutely ill patient receives necessary care and attention. The RRT uses the communication technique SBAR (situation, background, assessment and recommendation) to ensure that concise, complete information is provided to the primary physician.
Social service staff members are also a part of the ACU clinical team making discharge and home care planning a part of every patient's care.
Short-stay patient services
For patients requiring observation services on a short-stay basis—less than 24 hours—MultiCare Yakima Memorial offers a seven-bed unit staffed by ACU/CCU nurses who are trained in heart monitoring. Short-stay patients are located on 2-South.